Web Reporting Developer
To develop web reporting solutions for clients, suppliers and our own management and staff.
For all web reporting development projects to be responsible for:
- Determining and documenting the user requirements.
- To write the technical spec for the web reporting solution including an outline of the design features too.
- To develop the web reporting solution using Logi and/or other applications as required.
- To work with others as required to maximize performance of the solution through optimization and data warehousing.
- To document the technical guide to using the solution.
- To work with others to co-ordinate the security requirements and release into live
- To deliver a regular suite of financial, market and industry reports to meet the requirements of the Finance, Commercial and Procurement divisions
- Create, and conduct analysis, using financial and statistical models, including the interpretation and communication of results through Excel or Word reports.
- Collect and prepare market information for use internally and externally to assist Acquire with providing effective service to clients.
- Analyse and interpret financial statistics and other data to produce user reports.
- Research and investigate information to enable strategic decision-making by others.
- Arrange and participate in meetings, conferences, and project team activities.
- Effective proactive liaison with other departments as necessary
- Good SQL Skills – minimum requirement for “intermediate level”. Very good SQL is a distinct advantage-
- Some knowledge of HTML or web page structuring – previous and recent experience of constructing these is a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of Java script and CSS advantageous
- Good understanding of hierarchical database structures ie SQL, MySQL
- Excellent excel skills including vlookups, formulas and macros
We’re looking for someone with higher end IT language skills and any development experience would be a distinct advantage.
Salary subject to skills and experience
Managing assigned categories to ensure we have the right supplier partners to meet the overall business needs and objectives.
Supplier negotiations and on-going relationship management.
Understand the market and supply chain to ensure we are driving best cost for our customers.
Engaging with key stakeholders throughout the procurement process.
- Category management to ensure that we have right suppliers to meet our client’s needs for assigned product categories.
- Price negotiations to ensure we were offering the best value solution and on-going market tracking (Indices) to ensure competitiveness is maintained.
- Monitoring market movements using Mintec and other market information to ensure that any supplier cost changes are justified.
- New Product and Supplier sourcing where gaps are identified in the supply chain.
- Up-Stream purchasing and manufacture over-rider negotiations.
- Building relationships with suppliers and manufacturers at all levels and constantly challenging them to ensure that we are delivering the best value and service to our clients.
- Price File Management via epsys price file approval system (APAS).
- Working closely with our Commercial teams to ensure that we are delivering best service to our customers.
- Ensuring supplier compliance with our CSR objectives and E-procurement requirements.
- Managing tenders on behalf of our clients.
- Good knowledge of purchasing techniques.
- Good presentation and negotiation skills.
- Persuasion and influencing skills, particularly with senior management and external clients.
- Relationship management: maintaining appropriate relationships with suppliers, clients and internal stakeholders.
- Supply Chain knowledge.
- Ability to plan and manage procurement initiatives and to see them through to completion.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Analytical and creative problem solving abilities.
- Excellent Working knowledge of the use of PC word-processing and spreadsheet software. Excel skills are essential.
Education, Knowledge & Experience
- Previous purchasing experience.
- Experience of data analysis using Microsoft Excel.
- University Graduate.
- CIPS professional qualification or equivalent.
Remuneration subject to skills and experience
This role has been created as a result of the recent award to manage the procurement activity of a large Educational Institution. The role requires an experienced professional, with a strong and proven track record of managing multiple stakeholder clients, to deliver improvements to the Estate’s purchasing activity.
An excellent communicator, you will have outstanding relationship building skills, be self-motivated, confident and determined, with a positive and energetic approach. Experience in catering, client management and procurement is essential.
Significant travel will be involved in the position so flexibility in this regard is essential.
- Communicating effectively at all levels of the Client, working closely with a number of Committees and individual Colleges to deliver suitable strategies while maintaining best practise
- Ensuring that ASL has a true understanding of the Clients objectives. Assisting with imbedding ASL into the client, analysing and challenging current positions
- Use and develop proven techniques in supplier and commercial management to deliver best value to the Client
- Develop and deliver suitable and comprehensive reporting to demonstrate the Clients positions and ASL’s value in the process
- Manage on-going food contract tender activity
- Schedule and attend regular meetings with the Committees, Colleges and Suppliers
- Ensure that all obligations of the tender and contract are met
- Work towards the implementation of e-procurement across the Colleges
- Manage the bespoke website content and other communication media
- Develop and set specific and measurable targets around sales activity
- Work closely with other members of the ASL team, at all levels and disciplines, to draw on expertise, report activity and derive best practise
- Enhance the integrity of the Client within the Colleges, Suppliers and wider community.
- Proven business development background and skills within catering / food services / multiple stakeholder clients, preferably within a collegiate environment
- Strong knowledge of supply chain and client management techniques
- High degree of communication and negotiation skills to liaise with key decision makers at all levels of the Client and ASL
- Excellent analytical, written and presentation skills along with the ability to employ ASL’s resource effectively
- Consultative in approach but hungry to see initiatives through to their targeted completion
- Tenacious and self-motivated with the ability to creatively solve problems
- Good working knowledge of PC word processing and spread sheet software
The ability to communicate at all levels is essential, as is the need to fully understand clients’ businesses to help them achieve their objectives.
This individual will be highly self-motivated with an innovative approach to client relationships and able to work without close supervision. A good knowledge of the catering industry, proven success in managing and growing corporate client business in the hospitality sector and a passion for food are vital to success in this role.
You will be a key team member deeply involved in the day to day purchasing management decisions of clients and will frequently involve travel throughout the UK.
- Day to day management of designated client accounts
- Monitoring and advising on all client purchasing requirements
- Retention and growth of existing client base
- Production of strategic business plans in association with the Commercial Director and the client
- Production of monthly and ad hoc reports
- Assisting in sales presentations and the sales process
- Research and investigations to enable client strategic decision making
- High awareness of market trends and technology that the client may expect, need, want or benefit from
- Liaise and work with new and existing suppliers and seek to make best use of new product launches, seasonal produce etc
- Manage the communication to clients of price changes, trade bulletins, industry events and news
- Regular liaison and meetings with clients to ensure the services we are delivering are to the agreed standard and to report and deal with any issues which arise
- Providing and analysing trends in volumes, purchasing patterns etc
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly numerate
- Proven analytical and creative problem solving abilities
- Must possess persuasion, influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to plan and manage discrete projects to a satisfactory conclusion
- Detailed knowledge of UK food supply chain
- Excellent IT skills, in particular MS Excel